Auto Engine Repair is designed for students to prepare for the ASE Certification Test A1. It is expected that students will be working in a shop environment in order to get the hands-on experience needed while going through the course and gaining the knowledge and theory of auto engine repair. This course will be using digital content from the publisher Goodheart-Willcox, and the digital book Auto Engine Repair, 7th Edition by James E Duffy, Copyright 2021.
Auto Engine Repair covers the design, construction, operation, diagnosis, service, and repair of gasoline engines. This comprehensive text prepares students to use factory service information and specifications to complete competent service and repair work on the gasoline engines found in today’s cars and light trucks. It is a valuable resource to those preparing for ASE Certification Tests A1, Engine Repair, and A8, Engine Performance.
- Correlates to the Engine Repair section of the 2017 ASE Education Foundation Task List.
- An overview of many engine machining processes provides students with a basic understanding of these important tasks.
- Thorough coverage of the latest innovations in engine design prepares students for the types of engines they will encounter in the field.
2. Tools, Equipment, Service Information, and Work Orders
3. Engine Hardware
4. Electricity and Electronics for Engines
5. Shop Safety
6. Engine Types and Classifications
7. Engine Size and Performance Ratings
8. Engine Combustion and Fuels
9. Short Block Construction
10. Top End Construction
11. Front End and Manifold Construction
12. Cooling System Operation and Service
13. Lubrication System Operation and Service
14. Starting, Charging, and Ignition Systems
15. Fuel and Emission Control Systems
16. Turbocharging and Supercharging Systems
17. Engine Performance Problems
18. Engine Mechanical Problems
19. Engine Problem Diagnosis and Tune-Up
20. Engine Removal, Disassembly, and Cleaning
21. Short Block Rebuilding and Machining
22. Top End Rebuilding and Machining
23. Front End Service
24. Engine Reassembly, Installation, Startup, and Break-In
25. ASE Engine Certification
26. Career Success