Auto Engine Repair is designed for students to prepare for the ASE Certification Test A1. It is expected that students will be working in a shop environment in order to get the hands-on experience needed while going through the course and gaining the knowledge and theory of auto engine repair. This course will be using digital content from the publisher Goodheart-Willcox, and the digital book Auto Engine Repair, 7th Edition by James E Duffy, Copyright 2021.
Auto Engine Repair covers the design, construction, operation, diagnosis, service, and repair of gasoline engines. This comprehensive text prepares students to use factory service information and specifications to complete competent service and repair work on the gasoline engines found in today’s cars and light trucks. It is a valuable resource to those preparing for ASE Certification Tests A1, Engine Repair, and A8, Engine Performance.
- Correlates to the Engine Repair section of the 2017 ASE Education Foundation Task List.
- An overview of many engine machining processes provides students with a basic understanding of these important tasks.
- Thorough coverage of the latest innovations in engine design prepares students for the types of engines they will encounter in the field.
- Review of Engine Operation
- Tools, Equipment, Service Information, and Work Orders
- Engine Hardware
- Electricity and Electronics for Engines
- Shop Safety
- Engine Types and Classifications
- Engine Size and Performance Ratings
- Engine Combustion and Fuels
- Short Block Construction
- Top End Construction
- Front End and Manifold Construction
- Cooling System Operation and Service
- Lubrication System Operation and Service
- Starting, Charging, and Ignition Systems
- Fuel and Emission Control Systems
- Turbocharging and Supercharging Systems
- Engine Performance Problems
- Engine Mechanical Problems
- Engine Problem Diagnosis and Tune-Up
- Engine Removal, Disassembly, and Cleaning
- Short Block Rebuilding and Machining
- Top End Rebuilding and Machining
- Front End Service
- Engine Reassembly, Installation, Startup, and Break-In
- ASE Engine Certification
- Career Success