Auto Suspension and Steering is designed for students to prepare for the ASE Certification Test A4. It is expected that students will be working in a shop environment in order to get the hands-on experience needed while going through the course and gaining the knowledge and theory of auto suspension and steering. This course will be using digital content from the publisher Goodheart-Willcox, and the digital book Auto Suspension and Steering, 5th Edition by Chris Johanson and Martin T. Stockel, Copyright 2021.
Auto Suspension and Steering provides a thorough explanation of the design, construction, and operation of these modern vehicle systems. Basic theory is followed by detailed instructions for logically diagnosing, repairing, and replacing suspension and steering components. Use of the latest diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting is emphasized. This text is a valuable resource for anyone who needs a thorough understanding of today’s automotive suspension and steering systems, including those preparing for ASE Certification Test A4, Suspension and Steering.
- Correlates to the Suspension and Steering section of the 2017 ASE Education Foundation Task List.
- Detailed information on troubleshooting and servicing electronically controlled suspension and steering systems prepares students for the workplace.
- In-depth coverage of wheel alignment procedures helps students master this important task.
1. Basic Suspension and Steering Systems Operation
2. Shop Safety and Environmental Protection
3. Special Service Tools and Equipment
4. Common Suspension System Components
5. Front Suspension Systems
6. Front Suspension System Service
7. Rear Suspension Systems
8. Rear Suspension System Service
9. Steering Systems
10. Steering Linkage and Manual Steering Gear Service
11. Power Steering and Four Wheel Steering Service
12. Driveline and Wheel Components
13. Driveline and Wheel Service
14. Electronic Suspension and Steering Systems
15. Electronic Suspension and Steering Service
16. Wheel Alignment Principles
17. Wheel Alignment Procedures
18. Suspension and Steering Troubleshooting
19. ASE Certification
20. Career Preparation