Auto Heating and Air Conditioning is designed for students to prepare for the ASE Certification Test A7. It is expected that students will be working in a shop environment in order to get the hands-on experience needed while going through the course and gaining the knowledge and theory of auto heating and air conditioning. This course will be using digital content from the publisher Goodheart-Willcox, and the digital book Auto Heating and Air Conditioning, 4th Edition by Chris Johanson, Copyright 2021.
Auto Heating and Air Conditioning is a comprehensive course that focuses on operation, diagnosis, and service topics. It contains detailed information on refrigeration, heating, and engine cooling system components; climate control electronics; refrigerant handling; and both manual and automatic temperature control systems. Proper refrigerant recovering and recycling practices are emphasized. This text is a valuable resource for anyone who needs a thorough understanding of today’s automotive heating and air conditioning systems, including those preparing for ASE Certification Test A7, Heating and Air Conditioning.
- Correlates to the Heating and Air Conditioning section of the 2017 ASE Education Foundation Task List.
- Color-keyed illustrations help clarify system operating phases, components, and airflow.
- Includes information on electric compressors used in hybrid and electric vehicles.
1. Introduction to Automotive Heating, Air Conditioning, and Ventilation
2. Shop Safety and Environmental Protection
3. HVAC Tools, Equipment, and Service Information
4. HVAC Electrical and Electronic Fundamentals
5. Principles of Refrigeration
6. Refrigerants, Refrigerant Oils, and Related Chemicals
7. Hoses, Lines, Fittings, and Seals
8. Compressors, Clutches, and Drives
9. Evaporators, Condensers, Accumulators, and Receiver-Driers
10. Control Valves and Switches
11. Engine Cooling Systems and Vehicle Heaters
12. Air Delivery Systems
13. Manual HVAC Controls
14. Automatic Temperature Control Systems
15. Drum Brake Service Refrigeration System Diagnosis and Leak Detection
16. Refrigerant Recovery, Recycling, and Handling
17. Hose, Line, Fitting, and O-Ring Service
18. Compressor and Clutch Service
19. Valve, Evaporator, Condenser, and Related Parts Service
20. Heater and Engine Cooling System Service
21. Air Delivery and Manual HVAC Control Service
22. Automatic Temperature Control System Service
23. Air Conditioning System Installation and Retrofitting
24. ASE Certification
25. Career Preparation