Auto Engine Performance and Driveability is designed for students to prepare for the ASE Certification Test A8. It is expected that students will be working in a shop environment in order to get the hands-on experience needed while going through the course and gaining the knowledge and theory of auto engine Performance and driveability. This course will be using digital content from the publisher Goodheart-Willcox, and the digital book Auto Engine Performance and Driveability, 5th Edition by Chris Johanson, Copyright 2021.
Auto Engine Performance and Driveability provides up-to-date information on the operation, service, and repair of various related systems, including computer systems, emission control systems, fuel systems, and ignition systems. The text emphasizes the use of strategy-based troubleshooting procedures and the latest diagnostic equipment to pinpoint problems. An appendix contains OBD codes and a detailed guide to using scan tools. This is a valuable resource for anyone who needs a thorough understanding of engine performance and driveability, including those preparing for ASE Certification Test A8, Engine Performance.
- Correlates to the Engine Performance section of the 2017 ASE Education Foundation Task List.
- Coverage of OBD II relates to the various systems that affect driveability.
- Includes information on state-mandated emissions testing programs and an explanation of how to interpret results.
1. Introduction to Engine Performance and Driveability
2. Safety and Environmental Protection
3. Tools, Test Equipment, and Service Information
4. Automotive Formulas and Vehicle Drivability Evaluation
5. Fundamentals of Engine Construction and Operation
6. Electricity and Electronics Fundamentals
7. Computer Control Fundamental
8. Ignition System Fundamentals
9. Fuel System Fundamentals
10. Emission Control and Exhaust system Fundamentals
11. Drive Train and Other System Fundamentals
12. Basic Diagnostic Procedures
13. Troubleshooting Techniques
14. Electrical System Diagnosis and Repair
15. Computer Control System Diagnosis and Repair
16. Ignition System Diagnosis and Repair
17. Fuel System Diagnosis and Repair
18. Diagnosis and Repair of the Emission Control and Exhaust Systems
19. Engine Mechanical Diagnosis
20. Drive Train and Other System Diagnosis
21. ASE Certification
22. Career Opportunities in the Automotive Service Field